February 22, 2018
- Do not extend payment to anyone you have not met in person.
- Never wire funds (e.g. Western Union). Anyone who asks you to is a scammer.
- Don't accept cashier/certified checks or money orders. Banks cash fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Transactions are between users only, no third party provides a "guarantee".
- Never give out financial info: bank account, social security, paypal account, etc.
Is this listing a scam?
- Prices that are simply too good to be true.
- Bad photo quality (some scammers will take photos of a computer screen), use of only stock photos, or no photos at all.
- Email or text from someone that is not local to your area.
- Inability or refusal to meet face-to-face to complete the transaction.
Fraud or scam complaint centers in United States
FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)